The objective of the village Syed Matto Shah’s Facebook page is to promote the village’s visibility on the social media, especially, villagers’ achievements, activities and events of significance. Also, highlight the community needs, wants and demands, and find solutions by interacting with the villagers or people or organisations that have an affiliation with the village, local administration and politicians, non-government organizations, and donors.
Villagers, people or organisations that have an affiliation with the village, people in the surrounding areas, local administration and politicians, non-government organizations, and donors.
News, photos and videos related to the village or its surrounding areas; villagers’ achievements, activities and events of significance; or their needs, wants and demands.
Guidelines for Moderators
- One of the moderators should check on the page at least once a day.
- Frequency of posts:
Minimum: Once a week
Maximum: Twice a day with a gap of at least 6 hours
- Plan in advance. Share your posting plans with other moderators via a private Facebook group ‘SMS moderators’.
- Post as ‘Village Syed Matto Shah’. When you are moderator and visit the village page, notice a bar on the top that says: ‘You are posting, commenting, and liking as Village Syed Matto Shah — Change to [moderator name]’.
The admin panel lets you see the inside details of your page and posts. The option to view or hide the panel is at the top right of your page.
- Notifications lists anyone who has liked, commented on or shared a post or posted on your page
- Messages are messages from Facebook users, which need to be reviewed and answered.
- New likes are the people who most recently liked your page
- Insights are details on who likes your page and interacts with it and which posts are most successful. Insights include detailed information on how many people see your posts, visit your page, interact with your page, check in at your location, etc. Getting to know insights will allow you to figure out which types of posts your fans like most and can help you better interact with your audience.
What to post?
- Post photos – photos are the most widely viewed content on Facebook.
- Share content – events, news stories, or pages from your village site
- Post videos
- Post links to related organisations or information.
- Share content of other Facebook users, pages or groups, which might be of interest to your audience.
- Ask questions and solicit feedback
- Engage and enlighten
Facebook uses an algorithm to determine what posts users will see in their news feeds. Posts that their friends have liked, commented on or shared and posts from pages they have interacted with in the past are more likely to appear. Choose content that will interest and engage those who like your page and they will be more likely to interact with the content.
Posts that are especially visually interesting (mostly photos) can be highlighted across both columns of the timeline. Click on the star at the top right of the post to highlight it.
Currently, only admin can post on the page.
- Once you’ve pasted the link onto Facebook, a box will appear containing the link and a picture, if available. You can then delete the link you pasted, since it is now clickable in the box. Deleting the original link makes for a cleaner post that is more appealing to users.
- To share content of other Facebook users, pages or groups on your page, go to a post and click on ‘Share’. A dialogue box will appear. Under ‘Share: on your own timeline’ click on ‘on your timeline’ and select ‘On a page you manage’. A list of pages will appear if you manage more than one page. Select ‘Village Syed Matto Shah’, add comments if needed or click on the share button to share the post.
- To like a post or comment on the page as an individual user, see the top bar that says ‘You are posting, commenting, and liking as Village Syed Matto Shah — Change to [your name]’ and click on ‘— Change to [your name]’. The bar will be changed to ‘You are posting, commenting, and liking as [your name] — Change to Village Syed Matto Shah’. Now you can like a post or comment as an individual.
- Avoid liking your own posts as ‘Village Syed Matto Shah’.
- Avoid reposting a post.
- As a moderator, you can see which moderator has created a post under ‘posted by [moderator’s name]’, however, this will not be visible to other visitors.
- If you want to use an album to add photos regularly, do not add a date to the album. However, do add dates to photos. When you add new photos, make the latest best one as the cover photo and share the album.
- Photo dimensions: title photo 160 by 160px and cover photo by 851 by 315px.
- If photos published to Facebook from Instagram cannot be shared using the option ‘share’, copy the link of the Facebook post and share as a post.